Log in

The IPE allows an Indiana school psychologist to work outside the school setting with some limitations. Unless the school psychologist has the IPE endorsement or has an HSPP (Health Service Provider in Psychology), it is against Indiana law for a school psychologist to provide any school psychology services unless hired by a school corporation. An IPE school psychologist may work independently (such as in a private practice) or may work for an organization (such as a mental health facility). Please refer to IC 20-28-12-3 for additional description of the IPE legislation and requirements.

Download the application here.

Requirements for the initial application include:

  1. You must be a licensed school psychologist in Indiana.
  2. You must be employed as a school psychologist at least 30 hours a week. (Form B)
  3. You must provide a copy of your transcript showing:
      • At least 60 graduate semester hours or 90 quarter hour master’s or specialist degree in school psychology.
      • 1200 hours internship at least 600 hours must be in a school setting.
  4. You must provide documentation of 1200 hours (after graduation not including your internship) at least 600 which must be in a school setting of supervised experience by a physician, a psychologist, or a school psychologist with an IPE or NCSP. (Form A - typically, this is the first year in practice)
  5. You must provide documentation/certificate of 12 hours of training provided by an HSPP or a psychiatrist in the identification and referral of mental and behavioral disorders (this can be obtained by attending the DSM 5 course offered by IASP in even numbered years but can be obtained through other approved courses).
  6. You must provide documentation of 10 case studies or evaluations requiring the identification or referral of mental or behavioral disorders. (Form C)
  7. You must provide documentation of 30 hours of supervision with a physician, a psychologist, or a school psychologist with an IPE or NCSP. These hours must be completed within 24 months but not less than 6 months and cannot include more than 1 hour per week.
  8. You must provide documentation of passing PRAXIS exam or NCSP credential.

Follow Us on Social Media 

Call Us

Office: (317) 643-3884

Contact Us

125 W. Market St., Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software