Log in

The IPE allows an Indiana school psychologist to work outside the school setting with some limitations. Unless the school psychologist has the IPE endorsement or has an HSPP (Health Service Provider in Psychology), it is against Indiana law for a school psychologist to provide any school psychology services unless hired by a school corporation. An IPE school psychologist may work independently (such as in a private practice) or may work for an organization (such as a mental health facility). Please refer to IC 20-28-12-3 for additional description of the IPE legislation and requirements. 

IASP serves as the contract agency with the Indiana Department of Education to process IPE applications and renewals.

what can I do with my ipe?

IASP has created a flyer with information on what you can and can't do with your IPE.  What Can I Do With My IPE?

I have my IPE what are my next steps?

IASP has created a flyer with suggestions on next steps - Next Steps flyer

Please contact the IPE office for additional information regarding the Independent Practice Endorsement (IPE).

IASP IPE Committee Chair:  Jill Miller (jmiller@centerville.k12.in.us)

Indiana Association of School Psychologists
125 W. Market St., Ste. 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone:  317-643-3884

Email: cdenney@thecorydongroup.com

On-Demand Course: DSM-5 Text Revision for Indiana Independent Practice Endorsement

This on-demand course, led by Dr. Kim Zoder-Martell, Ph.D., HSPP, BCBA-D, provides a comprehensive review of the DSM-5 Text Revision, covering diagnostic criteria, assessment, and treatment options. It is designed for education professionals and school psychologists seeking the Independent Practice Endorsement in Indiana.


Follow Us on Social Media 

Call Us

Office: (317) 643-3884

Contact Us

125 W. Market St., Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software