REPORTS TO: Director of Special Education CALENDAR: 185 Days
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT EVALUATES/SUPERVISES: None
COMPENSATION: Based on Master Teacher Contract and Experience
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 21, 2020
- Valid driver’s license
- State of Indiana Licensed School Psychologist
- A sincere desire to serve on a collaborative team and to support students, staff, and families
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position works with families and educators to determine special education eligibility of students and to develop appropriate educational experiences by promoting the use of evidence-based strategies in the areas of instruction, learning styles, behavior intervention, and social skills, all to address the individual needs of students.
- Completes evaluations and report writing in a timely and accurate manner by adhering to state/federal guidelines regarding completion of the referral process.
- Maintains records as required by district.
- Assesses the educational and mental health needs of students by participating in school-based team; suggests interventions designed to address learning and behavioral difficulties.
- Uses a wide variety of assessment techniques to evaluate/identify potential learning difficulties and to monitor student progress.
- Assists in the development of initial IEPs in collaboration with case conference committee members.
- Provides meaningful suggestions/recommendations to school-based teams and Case Conference Committees
- Demonstrates professional ethics.
- Leads professional development.
- Completes other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Higher order relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and experience in communicating through multiple channels
- Experience facilitating professional development opportunities related to student services
- Engaging presentation skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other professionals
- Strong work ethic
- Expertise in complex problem solving
Apply to Clark-Pleasant Community School Corporation: People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LBGTQ, regardless of age are encouraged to apply. CPCSC is committed to developing a diverse and talented team. If you are excited about this role, but you are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply online.
Clark-Pleasant Community School Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity for all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The policy extends to recruiting and hiring, working conditions, training programs, promotions, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, CPCSC actively supports and seeks to implement all federal and state legislation and rules pertaining to the employment process. CPCSC expects and requires its employees to comply with this policy in every respect.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.