Park Tudor is an independent school in Indianapolis, Indiana that takes pride in upholding a tradition of academic excellence that began in 1902. As a college preparatory school for children ages 3 through grade 12, we provide an exceptional learning environment where children are encouraged to explore opportunities, exceed expectations, and expand possibilities. Small class sizes, a safe and caring atmosphere, and numerous extracurricular activities that include the arts and athletics, ensure that each child at Park Tudor receives a unique educational experience catered to his or her individual passions.
To create an inspiring college-preparatory learning environment, with exceptional educators and extraordinary opportunities, that prepares and motivates students to become balanced, confident, and resourceful lifelong learners.
Integrity Intellectual Engagement Resourcefulness Respect Responsibility
Park Tudor is currently seeking an experienced, dynamic, and collaborative School Psychologist for the 2021-22 school year. The School Psychologist provides comprehensive school psychological services and intervention support, with a particular focus on early intervention and supporting teacher differentiation strategies. The School Psychologist has shared responsibility for programmatic recommendations and decision making regarding students' educational, social, emotional, and behavioral needs. This position will serve both the Middle School and Upper School divisions.
Essential functions include the following.
● Serves and collaborates with students in grades 6 through 12, parents, faculty, staff and administration.
● Provides guidance and leadership to the faculty as they work with students who have specific learning needs and works directly with students to help them understand their learning strengths and weaknesses.
● Consults on interventions and supports the subsequent steps that must be taken to implement.
● Communicates with parents and outside clinicians as needed to facilitate success in school.
● Provides expertise in the areas of student and teacher support, learning differences and differentiation, learning accommodations, mental health, testing (both student evaluation and school-wide testing), and other related areas within the division.
● Serves as initial contact for referrals regarding educational evaluation and interventions designed to support student learning and student success (e.g., tutoring, academic coaching, etc.).
● Conducts and completes school (neuro) psychological evaluations in a prompt and professional manner.
● Conducts and completes observations of students displaying academic or behavioral difficulties and helps assess their learning strengths and challenges.
● Coordinates the development and writing of learning plans, including student accommodations, with long-term goals and specific objectives.
● Ensures timely communication with parents on issues concerning students’ learning, social, and emotional needs.
● Participates in classroom instruction designed to assist students in the development of effective executive functioning skills by providing tools to foster self-management.
● Maintains confidential student records and keeps accurate documentation of sessions, meetings, and assessments.
● Ensures there are regular written student-progress reports to the school and parents with assessment results and recommendations of diagnostic testing and remedial programs for learning-related issues.
● Provides formal and informal training for staff and parents, and psychoeducational programming in the classroom directly with students.
● Oversees and coordinates Upper School tutors (faculty and non-faculty) and peer tutoring for the campus.
● Participates in regularly-scheduled Upper School Department meetings and Student LearningServices meetings.
● Facilitates and attends regularly scheduled Student Strategies meetings with each grade level teaching team.
● Serves as a member of the Crisis Intervention Team.
● Manages and facilitates testing accommodations for the Upper School (exams, College Board or other standardized testing platforms).
● Attends teacher meetings, training sessions, professional development and faculty meetings.
● Engages in continuing professional development in order to stay informed of current legal requirements, procedures, research, and techniques in the field.
● Complies with school rules and regulations.
● Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Learning Services and/or Upper School Director.
Education: An advanced degree and Indiana State License are required; a background in neuropsychology is preferred.
Experience: Experience working in a school setting with students in grades 6-12. Independent school experience preferred but not required.
● Experience working in a school setting with students in grades 6-12
● Highly collaborative
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
● Proficient in core technological competencies
● Adapt quickly to new technologies adopted by the school
● Ability to assess situations accurately
● Sound decision-making
● Professionalism with and amongst all constituencies
● Growth mindset and a commitment to professional development
- ● Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Park Tudor community while promoting and supporting the School’s mission, vision, and values
Park Tudor School offers excellent pay and a comprehensive benefit package. Our professional development focuses on Mind, Brain, and Education research and application, Equity and Inclusion, and Community Engaged Learning. Professional development opportunities are also available for participation in conferences, workshops, and membership in professional organizations. Park Tudor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Those who would add to the diversity of our staff are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com and complete the online job application. Please ensure you provide the names and phone numbers of three references who can speak to your abilities for this position.
For more information regarding Park Tudor School, consult the Park Tudor web site at www.parktudor.org.