JOB TITLE: School Psychologist
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Special Education
EMPLOYMENT AND FLSA STATUS: Certified/Non-Exempt/Hourly
The School Psychologist is a member of the FTCSC special education team and assigned to or provided office space at one or more schools within the FTCSC. This individual will conduct educational evaluations and be an integral part of the assigned school’s multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) and positive behavioral instructional supports (PBIS) teams.
- Assist in the development of plans and strategies for assisting students who are struggling or meeting challenges within the general classroom environment.
- Administer, score, and provide a timely written report summarizing developmentally appropriate assessments s/he has administered in the areas of adaptive, social-emotional, and cognitive skills.
- Assist in obtaining informed Consent from parent/legal guardian of students referred for possible special education services and tracking referral/consent/evaluation timelines for compliance.
- Conduct parent interviews as part of the assessment process, if necessary.
- Observe confidentiality requirements for identified students.
- Participates as the leader of the multidisciplinary assessment team.
- Develop and complete designated components of the IEP for assessed students through the Indiana IEP software system.
- Complete designated sections of the psychological assessment report.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure all reports are completed within designated time frames.
- Maintain and manage inventory of testing materials.
- Attend required meetings and school-related activities.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures including network and internet use of the FTCSC.
- Make positive contributions to the culture and climate of the FTCSC.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have a valid School Services license as a School Psychologist issued by the Indiana Department of Education, Division of Professional Standards.
- Experience in conducting educational evaluations for school-aged children is desirable.
1. Seldom = Less than 25 % 2. Occasional = 26 to 50 %
3. Often = 51 to 75 % 4. Very Frequent = 76 % & above
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time. (3)
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. (2)
- Ability to carry 25 lbs.(2)
- Ability to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of various configurations. (4)
- Ability to see for the purpose of reading laws and codes, rules and policies and other printed matter. (4)
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels. (4)
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation. (4)
- Ability to operate office equipment. (4)
- Ability to reach in all directions. (4)
The FTCSC will comply with all legal requirements relating to reasonable accommodation for employees and job applicants.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
260 Days per year
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluations of Professional Personnel.