In Wayne Township, school psychologists help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. Located on the West side of Indianapolis near the airport, Wayne Township is close to numerous shopping, dining, and spacious living options. Our school psychologists collaborate with educators, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments. They work with students that are struggling with social, emotional, and behavioral problems by providing counseling, instruction, and mentoring. Mentorship is available and school psychologists in our district typically work in one or two buildings. Please contact Dr. Ghirmay Alazar for more information regarding this opportunity at 317-988- 8602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in data collection and interpretation, prevention, intervention, and progress monitoring activities as appropriate within schools.
- Serve as the leader of the multi-disciplinary evaluation team.
- Conduct comprehensive educational evaluations, write reports and participate in case conferences for public school students ages 3-22 as assigned according to federal/state laws and local procedures and deadlines.
- Remain knowledgeable about theory, best practices, procedures, and new developments as they relate to the practice of school psychology.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with school professionals, students and families.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of child psychology principles, assessments, methods, behavior modification, etc., and current developments in child psychology.
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
To apply please visit: https://hr.wayne.k12.in.us/ and click on the "school psychologist" open position.