The Batesville Community School Corporation is now accepting applications for the following position:
Date Posted: January 16, 2020
Closing Date: Until Filled
Starting Date: TBD
Position: School Psychologist
Primary Functions: To assure compliance with applicable statutes and regulations through appropriate programs by evaluating students thorough comprehensive evaluations and proper placement by the case conference committee.
Reports to: Director of Special Education
Contract: Salary determined by experience and licensure 185-day contract
Qualifications: School Psychologist Certification
Application Procedure: Internal and external candidates must apply online by clicking the link below: https://www.applitrack.com/batesville/onlineapp/
For further information regarding this posting please contact:
Melissa Burton Director of Student Learning
Batesville Community School Corporation
- Serve as the coordinator for initial referrals and re-evaluations. Administer and complete all components of the psychological, social emotional and behavioral, and other evaluations in a timely manner. Explain the nature and descriptions of evaluation materials to students, parents, teachers, and administrators through written reports and conferences.
• Use evaluation findings to inform accurate eligibility, placement, and services.
• Prepare a comprehensive report with synthesis of all of the information obtained through the evaluation.
• Provide information and support regarding the student's disability to the parent, teacher, and others who need to know about the student.
• Apply evaluation data and findings to intervention, instruction, programming, and services through written reports, meetings with school staff and parents, etc.
• Serve as a member of school building level teams.
• Maintain a working knowledge of IDEA, Article 7, the Rehabilitation Act and ADA, and FERPA and the requirements and implications of each regarding the student.
• Serve as case conference committee chairperson for initial evaluations.
• Present training to individuals who work with students to support intervention.
• Provide crisis intervention services to students or staff as necessary.
• Provide recommendations to the teacher of record or teacher of service regarding behavior management, accommodations, strategies effective for students with unique disabilities, etc.
• Communicate about individual student's needs, school concerns, etc. to the Director.
• Assist in providing in-service training, as appropriate.
• Assist teachers in completion of functional behavioral evaluations and behavioral intervention plans.
• Prioritize and complete assigned work in a timely manner.
• Maintain ethical standards.
• Maintain personal professional development.
• Contribute to profession of school psychology.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.